Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy 2nd Blogiversary, A Year in the Kitchen!

Today is a very special day for me, it's my 2nd Blogiversary! Last year I celebrated by making these meatloaf cupcakes. This year, I've decided to go back and pick my absolute favorite dishes from each month of 2009. They might not have been the most popular (though the Twilight cake seems to be!), but they were delicious! It's been a little slower this year on the blog than last (500 posts in year 1, 275 in year 2), but I know for a fact that my cooking skills continue to improve as well as my photography.

Thank you so much for the continued readership and support, it means so much to me! This year has been very busy with so many changes and posts got a little spotty over the summer... but we're happily settled now and I hope the blog continues indefinitely!

Here are my favorites from 2009, do you have any favorites from the blog??

January - Cheddar Peirogi

February -  Twilight Valentine's Cake/Cookies and Party

March -  Black Bean and Rice Stuffed Poblanos with Creamy Corn and Avocado Salad

April - Eggplant and Cannelini Ragout over Herbed Polenta

May - Coco Peanut Noodle Salad

June - Tapas Dinner Menu

July - Natural Hawaiian Pizza

August - Afghan Vegetarian Plate

September - Warm Butternut Salad with Chickpeas and Tahini

October - Pumpkin Meatloaf with Cranberry Topping

November - Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecake

December - Prosciutto and Asiago stuffed Chicken Marsala

7 comments:

Mendie said...

Happy Blogaversary! I have only tried a few things...but enjoyed them all. I might check out some of these hits since we are trying to eat in more often!

Christina said...

Congratulations! I started reading your blog fairly recently and I am so impressed- the recipes are sophisticated (so many on blogs are so simple, just something I could make myself) and the photography is gorgeous. Thanks for a great read!

Meredith said...

Congrats! I love your blog! I am so happy to have found it! I am making a collection of a bunch of recipes and so many have come from you. I can't list a favorite. I've made too many.

Handy said...

sounds good going to try it

Stephanie said...

happy blogiversary!! it's been a WONDERFUL 2 years! here's to many many more!

Joanne said...

Congrats Ash! Your cooking never ceases to hypnotize me. Here's to two more years (at least!).

Angie Eats Peace said...

Happy Bogiversary!