Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Charlotte and Belle's 1st Birthday Cakes


Yesterday was Charlotte and Belle's first birthday! We celebrated by having birthday cake last night. I was going to make one cake, but I would personally not want to share my birthday cake with someone else...
So I whipped this up just by throwing their favorite things in the mixer and baking it. I didn't use precise measurements, so I approximated here!


Peanut Butter-Pumpkin-Carrot-Oat Dog Cake

1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup shredded carrots
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup plain yogurt (as icing)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a cake pan (I used 2-6" pans, or 1 9") with parchment.
Add pumpkin, eggs, milk and peanut butter to a mixer, mix until smooth.
Add carrots, baking powder, oats and flour, mix until just incorporated.
Pour into cake pan, place in the oven.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack until room temperature.
Spread with yogurt, serve!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I am new to your blog and when I saw the photo I was thinking, "I want to make that and then I want to eat it!" When I saw the puppies I had a huge shiver run up and down my spine! Yikes! I love my puppy but I don't want to eat his food.

The truth is that it looks good enough to eat!!

Love your kitchen blogging idea.

Warmest Wishes For 2010!

Denise Burks
www.successinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

Angie Eats Peace said...

Happy Birthday to the gals!

Natalie said...

your dogs are so lucky :)

i might have to make this for my in-laws puppy, could score me some major points!

Anonymous said...

The pic of you holding up the babies is the cutest thing ever! Happy birthday girls :)

Blondini
www.blondini.wordpress.com

hardwood furniture said...

Happy Birthday to them! They are so lucky to have someone like you!

Joanne said...

Very cute! I love looking at Rachel Ray's recipes for dogs and would love to make something for my puppy but she has the most sensitive stomach EVER. Happy birthday to the girls!

Anonymous said...

Since you have gotten your new dogs (which is great) i cannot help but feel bad for pumpkin. she always seems to be in shadows/background now.

Ashlee said...

aww, well don't worry about pumpkin, she's my #1 girl! she still sleeps with me at night while char and belle are in their house, and she plays with her sisters all day long. i also take her on car rides without them (she loves them, the little ones just fall asleep)

Anonymous said...

good!! and didn't mean for my comment to sound as nasty as it came out.

Mendie said...

I'm definitely going to keep this in mind for Emma's brithday next summer!

Meredith said...

I am so glad you celebrate pet birthdays too. I love celebrating Ella's birthday and adoption day. I will be making her this cake next year.