Monday, January 4, 2010

White Bean Cassoulet


I have been wanting to make cassoulet for a long time, since I saw Lisa Garza make it on the Next Food Network Star. Bobby Flay told her it was the best cassoulet he'd ever had, so when I was choosing a recipe, I immediately thought of hers.
I haven't had another cassoulet, so I don't really have a comparison, but this was just as I expected. It was flavorful, warm, comforting, and cheap!
Lisa serves her cassoulet with sausage, spinach pesto and parmesan crostini, but I didn't look at the recipe until I was about to make the cassoulet, so I didn't have those other elements. I served this with the brussels sprouts in my previous post.


by Lisa Garza, click on link for entire meal


***The original recipe blogged is NOT Lisa's recipe. I'm hoping to get it soon and give it a try***

8 comments:

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

That's so funny. Every time I hear about Cassoulet I think of her too ;) Yours looks great!

Tasha said...

I was just looking at cassoulet recipes last night and thinking of how I wanted to make one. This just looks so comforting and hearty, yet good for you. Just the kind of meal I love most! I will be giving it a try soon!

Anonymous said...

Ashlee, hi, It's Lisa Garza. It was brought to my attention, via google alert, that my cassoulet recipe was posted incorrectly on the food network web site. I'm happy to email you the real recipe. I left a comment on the recipe page at foodnetwork.com. I'm working on posting the recipe on my facebook fan page ASAP. THANK YOU for thinking of me. You can reach me via facebook any time.

Ashlee said...

Lisa, I would love to have it! The recipe did seem a little off (that much EVOO?!) I did end up modifying that recipe a bit. Anyway, if you get this, it's ayearinthekitchen@gmail.com

Kelly said...

That's awesome that she commented on my blog. She was my favorite contestant that year.

Joanne said...

I've been meaning to make cassoulet ever since I read Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. A year ago. Sigh. Looks delicious.

Heather (The Single Dish) said...

This looks so amazing and perfect for a cold night! It is freezing here in NYC!

kitchenbelle said...

Wow! That recipe (modified) is one of my favorites! I can't wait to try the "real" version. And Lisa was my favorite contestant too! So very cool that she commented on your blog!