Sunday, January 31, 2010

Symon Sundays Week 1 Recap

I am so happy to say that the first week of Symon Sundays was a big success! It seemed as though everyone enjoyed both of the recipes. I am so excited to cook through this book, I highly recommend buying it. Chef Symon has some amazing recipes in there, so innovative and creative.

If you don't really know much about Chef Symon, you should read up about him. He's got 2 extremely sucessful restaurants in Cleveland, Lola and Lolita. I went to Lolita for my birthday a few years ago, and it was awesome. I hope to go to Lola next time I'm visiting my sister in Cleveland. What I love the most about Chef Symon is how he always seems to be so happy, and having so much fun in his kitchen. He's always laughing and smiling. He is very genuine, true to his roots, and loyal to Cleveland. He is an amazing Chef and person, and I'm so glad that I get to cook through his amazing book.

Here's a recap of the photos from our bloggers. If you look on the right column of my blog, you'll see a list of the participants (linked to their blog) and then under it, the schedule for the first round of recipes.

Joanne's salad

Tasha's salad

Meredith's salad

My salad

Natashya's salad and keftedes

Meredith's keftedes

My keftedes

Joanne's keftedes

Tasha's keftedes

6 comments:

NKP said...

Beautiful round-up! Makes me want to eat them all over again!
I am so jealous that you were able to find golden beets, they really make the dish look interesting and even more colourful.

Joanne said...

Gorgeous! Everyone's salads and keftedes look so good. I am so excited that we are doing this Ash! Thanks for hosting and organizing this whole thing.

Sophie @ yumventures said...

It looks like everyone did a great job! Great way to get people involved =)

Sarah Berridge said...

Looks delish! MS has 4 restaurants in Cleveland now, Bar Symon and BSpot just opened last year. He also has a space at the Q (Quicken Loans Arena, where the Cavs play).

Meredith said...

Great first round! I am excited for the recipes to come!

Kim said...

Love that you all are cooking through this book. I'm looking forward to following you along. The beet salad is so pretty and the keftedes sound very savory and delicious.