Monday, April 20, 2009

Eggplant and Cannelini Ragout over Herbed Polenta



I made this recipe up to pack in with the Dinners for Dad. He loves eggplant, and grows some beautiful ones in his garden. I love serving ragouts over polenta (here and here), I've made a few others, but I thought dad would like eggplant the best. I ate a few bites of this and it was great!


Eggplant and Cannelini Ragout
over Herbed Polenta


Ragout:
1 tbsp. EVOO
1 yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 large eggplant, diced
1 spring of rosemary
1 15oz. can diced tomatoes
1/2 c. dry red wine
1 15 oz. can cannelini beans, drained
salt and pepper


Polenta:
2 c. vegetable stock
1 c. skim milk
1 c. polenta
1 tbsp. fresh minced herbs
salt and pepper


Heat a large skillet over medium, add EVOO.
Saute' onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
Add eggplant, season with salt and pepper.
Sautee for 5 more minutes.
Turn heat to high, add wine, reduce.
Turn heat to low, add tomatoes, rosemary and beans.
Stir gently to combine.


Heat a stockpot over medium-high.
Add stock and milk. Bring to a simmer.
Sprinkle in polenta, whisking as you add it.
Turn heat to low, cover and stir every 2-3 minutes.
Cook for 20 minutes, add herbs, salt and pepper.

3 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love how you served this over herbed polenta! Looks great!

julie said...

nice site, good job --thanks

Elyse said...

I love eggplant, too! This ragout sounds totally awesome, and the fact that you paired it with a polenta is even better. How totally fabulous! I want to try this out super soon.