Sunday, April 19, 2009

Carrot Raisin Salad


Yesterday I grabbed some lunch at Bloomingfoods to take to the baseball game. I saw carrot salad, and it sounded interesting, so I grabbed it. OMG! It was so delicious! It was a little bit pricey though at 6.99/lb, so I knew I'd have to try to make it at home. Lucky for me, the package had the ingredients listed, so I just had to figure out the amounts. I think I pretty much nailed this one!

Carrot Raisin Salad

4 large carrots, peeled and sliced very thin (I used the food processor blade opposite the grater)
2 tbsp. White wine vinegar
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1 tbsp. EVOO
2 scallions, minced
1/2" ginger root, grated
1 tbsp. minced parsley
1 tsp. minced dill
1 tsp. minced marjoram
1/4 c. raisins

Whisk together vinegar, sugar, mustard and EVOO.
Add carrots, herbs and raisins, toss to coat.
Season with salt and pepper.
Chill for 30 minutes before serving.

A Year Ago: Thai Chicken Pizza, one of my favorites!

3 comments:

Elyse said...

This carrot salad sounds totally intriguing. I love the combination of tangy and sweet. Great job recreating!!

Joanne said...

The only time I ever had a carrot/raisin salad was at a bbq place and it was slathered in mayo (ewww) but the flavors in this sound so yummy! I am awed at your ability to copycat it.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks way better than the carrot salads I've seen at deli counters! yum!