Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Treats!

I'll be taking the next few days off from blogging as I'll be in Cincinnati for Easter. I decided to make some candy and cookies for the family, so here they all are!
I absolutely LOVE Bakerella's Cake Pops...they're just amazing. I decided to make them, but use fudge balls rather than cake balls... I think the fudge balls have a longer shelf life, and they're easier to make smooth than cake.


Here's what I put in the baskets:
Easter M&M Cookies
Triple Chocolate Brownies with Chocolate Buttercream and Easter Sprinkles
Spritz Daisies with Pink Chocolate Centers
Rolled Carrot Cake Bunny Cookies with Coconut
Peanut Butter Fudge Balls




Peanut Butter Fudge Balls:
3 1/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter
1/2 tsp. Salt
2/3 c. (5 1/3 fl. oz. can) Carnation evaporated milk
14 oz. Peanut Butter Chips
2 c. Kraft marshmallow crème
¼ c. Peanut Butter

In a saucepot over medium heat, bring sugar, butter, salt and milk to a boil. Stir, and cook for 5 minutes, constantly simmering.
Turn heat off, add chips, creme and peanut butter. Whisk until fully combined.
Pour into a bowl, and cool for 3-4 hours.
Use a cookie scoop to portion out into balls.

4 comments:

Elyse said...

What great treats for the family!! I love all of your decorations--the pops look great, as do the little pails and baskets you put them in. Have a great Easter in Cincinatti!

Kelly said...

Those are adorable. Enjoy your time off!

Joanne said...

Have a good trip and eat lots of good food!

Kristine said...

There is nothing better in this world than those brownies. Out of everything Ashlee (my sister) makes, these are by far my favorite!