Monday, April 27, 2009

POM-Mango Compound Butter


For dinner tonight, I am cooking with POM Wonderful. I was contacted about a month ago by a representative and received a few bottles. Luckily, I was about to start my SuperFood month, and Pomegranates are a SuperFood. Fresh pomegranates aren't in season right now, so POM Wonderful is a great sub as it's 100% juice.
I decided to incorporate the juice into 3 recipes, the first being this compound butter. I knew I wanted to make a BBQ sauce for chicken with mango and pomegranate, so I thought I'd make a compound butter to top some sweet potatoes. JJ and I love sweet potatoes with BBQ chicken.
I love making compund butters because you can really stretch out the butter by incorporating other ingredients. It also dresses up a simple baked sweet potato but is very simple to make!

POM-Mango Compund Butter

4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) butter at room temp.
2 tbsp. POM Wonderful
1/2 mango, diced
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of salt

Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to incorporate. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides a few times. It won't fully combine, but it should whip together pretty well. Serve right away, or store in tupperware in the fridge for up to a week.

3 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

What a great idea and even better idea to top your sweet potatoes with it!

Kelly said...

Mmmm. That sounds delicious. You gotta love free goodies.

Elyse said...

Mmm, this butter would be good on sooo many things. I really want some spread on some cornbread muffins right now :)