Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tapas Dinner Recap

For the past few weeks, everywhere I look in magazines and ads, there is Sangria. We had planned to have Allison and Will over for dinner, so I asked her if they like sangria and the said YES, so I decided to plan the dinner around it.
I've never done a tapas dinner before, so I decided to give it a try. I love making lots of little dishes and sides and having tons of variety, so tapas were right up my alley.
I decided to google tapas menus and I looked at some restaurants options to get a general idea of some of the dishes. Then I decided to look up traditional Spanish flavors, and sort of wing it.
I think that my dishes are pretty traditional, I tried to use as many Spanish imported products and flavors as possible, like parsley, paprika, saffron, chorizo, serrano, EVOO, olives, valencia oranges, and manchego.


(The inspiration)

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I love sangria so the idea of having a whole meal based around it is SOOO awesome! I was introduced to tapas two years ago when my friends took me to a tapas place for my birthday. It was delicious. These dishes would fit right in.