Monday, June 29, 2009

Goat Cheese Potato Salad



For dinner last night, I did a little clean out the produce drawer potato salad. It was a delicious combo, I just wish the goat cheese crumbles stayed crumbly and didn't melt and smear so much (the potatoes were still a bit warm). I paired mine with a gardenburger and JJ's with a buffalo burger for a delicious complete meal.


Goat Cheese Potato Salad


1 lb. baby yukon gold potatoes
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
8 oz. snap peas, sliced into thirds
1 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp. EVOO
salt and pepper
1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced
4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled


Slice potatoes in half and place in a pot.
Fill with cold water to cover, bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, EVOO, salt, pepper and rosemary.
Add tomatoes and snap peas, toss and place in the refrigerator.
Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water.
Place in a bowl and chill.
When potatoes have chilled, mix with other bowl of salad ingredients, crumble in goat cheese, gently mix and serve.




PS - Happy 26th Birthday to my big sister, Kristine! She said I won the award for "Best Birthday Song Sung" today for not only this birthday, but every birthday she's EVER HAD!

Mmmm, Ice cream cake :)

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Thanks again - totally best "Happy Birthday" rendition ever!

Joanne said...

As a non-mayo eater, I love finding potato salads that don't use it. And I love goat cheese. It sounds like this is a great salad for me!

Danielle said...

Oh I think the melty goat cheese looks fantastic! I love the way it becomes so creamy when it melts. Thanks for the idea.