Monday, May 11, 2009

Coco-Peanut Noodle Salad


I absolutely love Asian flavored Peanut noodle salads. Since I was not going to be eating the 2 other dishes, I decided to make one of my favorite and fill my plate! I added a few different things, like coconut milk and lime. It was delicious as always, full of veggies and very filling!

Coco-Peanut Noodle Salad

12 oz. wide rice noodles
8 oz. snow peas, roughly chopped
1 red bell pepper, sliced
2 c. shredded cabbage
1 c. shredded carrots
4 scallions, sliced
Sesame seeds, for garnish

Sauce:
1/2 c. light coconut milk
1/2 c. creamy organic peanut butter
1/3 c. light soy sauce
2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp. light brown sugar
1 tbsp. Thai chile paste
Juice of 1 lime
1 garlic clove, grated

In a large bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients.
Cook noodles accoring to package.
Add noodles, snap peas, bell pepper, carrots and cabbage to mixing bowl.
Toss to coat everything in sauce.
Top with sesame seeds and scallions.

4 comments:

Angie Eats Peace said...

I am drooling.
I must try this!

Joanne said...

This looks like it is absolutely something I would love. Coconut AND peanut butter AND pasta. Can't go wrong there.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Wonderful flavors and looks delicious!

Layne said...

WOW!! This is SOOO up my alley and looks/sounds amazing. I'll definitely be trying this one! Also, I'm curious what the nutritional breakdown for this one is if you have it!