Sunday, May 17, 2009

Greek Pasta Salad


I had Allison over for dinner Saturday night because our husbands were both working. Cooking for Allison is great because she pretty much eats anything. I love cooking for people like that (I know, I'm one of the pain in the neck people who I'd hate cooking for...haha). So anyway, I had some feta in the fridge that I needed to use, and the weather has been so summery, so I went with a pasta salad and turkey burgers. She loves artichokes, and I had some other Greek-ish ingredients on hand, so this pasta salad came together no problem! I wish I had some bell peppers to throw in, but I forgot to get one...


Greek Pasta Salad

Salad:
8 oz. tri color rotini
1/2 english cucumber, diced
10 olives, halved (any variety)
10 sun dried tomatoes, minced
1 15 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts
1/4 red onion, diced
1/2 c. crumbled feta
1 bell pepper, diced

Dressing:
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 c. EVOO
1 tbsp. minced fresh oregano (1/2 tsp. dried)
Salt and pepper

Cook pasta, drain and rinse with cold water.
Add dressing ingredients to a large bowl, whisk well.
Add all salad ingredients, toss and serve chilled.

4 comments:

Elyse said...

Sounds like a wonderful girls night in. This pasta salad sounds great. There's something so amazing about feta. Great job! Sorry that I’ve been an absent commenter; I just finished up my law school exams and am finally getting around to my google reader.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks delicious and just like the Greek pasta salad at one of my fave delis!

Joanne said...

I would hate cooking for me as well! It's always kind of frustrating going to relatives houses when, even though they know I eat pretty healthily, only have options that are visibly swimming in grease. This looks like a definite crowd pleaser though!

liv said...

I have been craving tri-colored pasta salad all week! Finally this weekend I made some and ate it non-stop!