Monday, May 25, 2009

White Wine Summer Pasta

Ever see a recipe, mean to make it, and it just keeps getting postphoned? That's what happened with this dinner for the past year! My buddy Liv, who used to have an awesome blog (but since has gotten a house and is pregnant, good reasons to take a blogging break!) made this dinner last spring. I am so glad I remembered it because it was delicious. I made a few changes, additions, etc, but the concept of meal is the same. I made my own pasta, I ran the dough through the pasta roller but then cut it freehand to get wider ribbons. I also added a pinch of minced rosemary to the dough.


White Wine Summer Pasta

Fresh Pasta:
1 c. organic unbleached flour
1 egg
1/4-1/2 c. water
pinch of salt

1 red onion, sliced
1 carrot peeled thinly with a vegetable peeler
1 zucchini peeled thinly with a vegetable peeler
1 yellow squash peeled thinly with a vegetable peeler
10 sun dried tomatoes, sliced
1/2 c. white wine
1/2 c. vegetable stock
1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
salt and pepper
1 ball of fresh mozzarella, cubed

Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt and drop in pasta.
Cook for 5 minutes, or as packaged directs.


Heat a large nonstick pan over medium, add 1 tbsp. EVOOl.
Add onions, carrots, zucchini and squash.
Season with salt and pepper, saute' for 5 minutes.
Turn heat to high, add wine, stock and tomatoes.
Reduce liquids by half, add Italian seasoning and pasta.
Toss to combine, add the cheese, toss.

7 comments:

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

That pasta looks great! YUM!

Unknown said...

Yummy! I love fresh pasta.

Kelly said...

It looks beautiful. I love the interplay of colors and shapes.

Alison said...

Hi Ashlee,
This recipe looks great. I love so many of the things you've tried. I'm wondering if you can help me, though. I am looking for a vegetarian recipe to make for my friend who is about to have her 2nd baby. I'd like to make something light, but something that can also be frozen for later so she and her husband don't have to cook. Any ideas? Thanks!

Ashlee said...

Hey Alison,
Why don't you check out my fajita pasta, black bean and vegetable enchiladas, minestrone,or vegetarian lasagna. If you want you can email me and i can give you more ideas and links.

Ashley said...

So excited- I am making this recipe this week!

I always love pasta, but the hot summer weather deters me from making it as much. This one seems so light and refreshing!

Elyse said...

Mmm, this dish sounds delicious. I love when a pasta dish is light enough to eat during the summer. Delish!