Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fruity Spinach Salad with Creamy Poppy Dressing



I made this spinach salad as a side dish to the casserole. I was originally going to make a veggie filled spinach salad and amaretto baked peaches, but I could not find peaches anywhere! So I decided to add lots of fruit to the spinach salad, and make a poppy seed dressing, common on fruit and spinach salads. It was light, flavorful, and perfect with the creamy, rich casserole.

Fruity Spinach Salad with Creamy Poppy Dressing

1 large sack of triple washed baby spinach
1 mango, cubed
2 grapefruits, segmented
1/4 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. pecan halves

1/2 c. plain greek yogurt
2 tbsp. EVOO
2 tbsp. champage vinegar
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. poppy seeds
salt

In a small dish, whisk together dressing ingredients.
Add spinach to a bowl, toss with half the dressing.
Top with remaining ingredients.
Serve leftover dressing in a dish with the salad.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I'm not a fan of grapefruit, however your pic of this colorful salad may change my mind! Looks wonderfully refreshing!