Saturday, February 7, 2009

Peanut Butter Chip Cookies



I'm not a big fan of Peanut Butter Cookies, just the raw cookie dough... However I know most people do like them (including my husband), so I made them for Valentine's Day, too. I played around with a few recipes, and came up with something of my own. I like a chewy cookie, so that's what these are! I think next time I might use chunky peanut butter, and leave out the chips.


Peanut Butter Chip Cookies


18 oz. jar of creamy peanut butter
1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. white sugar
1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Peanut Butter chips


Preheat oven to 350.
Cream the peanut butter and butter.
Add the white sugar and brown sugar until well blended.
Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla.
Beat in the baking powder and salt.
Add the flour, mix until it just comes together. Add a little more flour if it's too sticky.
Fold in peanut butter chips.
Chill dough for 2 hours.
Scoop taplespoons full out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes.



No comments: