Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Lost Shower Cake!

Back in August, my mom co-hosted a bridal shower for a friend's daughter. They asked me to make the cake, so I brought my supplies home to my parents house, and made the cake there, and forgot my digital camera! I was so sad about it, but my mom said she'd have one of the other women take a photo for me. So here it is, I absolutely loved this cake! They gave me a napkin (which you can see in the top left corner) as something to design the cake around.
I made it with Paula Deen's Almond Sour Cream pound cake recipe, and made a lemon curd and raspberry filling and iced it with vanilla buttercream.
I heard it was better than Bon Bonnerie's! (a big, local bakery)


Unfortunately, the photo was taken with a flash, so Tricia offered to photo shop it and take away some of the brightness, so here is her awesome photoshop work, and then the original!


6 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Looks great! Was PD's recipe for that pound cake fairly light or heavy like a traditional pound cake? Your choices for filling and frosting sounds great!

natalie said...

This is amazing!! You have quite a talent :)

Karol said...

That is amazing! Now, did you teach yourself to decorate cakes?

kathleen & tom said...

Wow! That looks great!

You have a great talent!

Anonymous said...

That's so pretty, Ash!

MyRunningJourney said...

It's so pretty!