Saturday, February 7, 2009

Chocolate Cherry Chip Cookies

For the final cookie in the package, I went back to my favorite, Chocolate Covered Cherries, and turned them into a cookie. I used my Double Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, and added in some dried cherries. They are fantastic!


Chocolate Cherry Chunk Cookies

2 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cup sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 c. dried tart cherries
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°.
Cream sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat at high speed until well blended.
Add vanilla and eggs; beat well.
Beat in baking powder, soda and salt.
Gradually add flour.
Beat just until combined.
Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
Drop 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
Bake at 350° for 12 minutes, cool completely on wire racks.

4 comments:

Linds said...

Ooo those look great! My husband and I have been really into the chocolate/cherry combination recently...maybe I will make these as a V-Day treat for him :)
Thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

Please tell me that you are doing Easter cookie packs :) I missed the v-day cookie post and am seriously jonesing...
Seriously, those look delicious!!!

That Girl said...

I think you may be the person who first introduced me to this cookie idea - but we love them!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am laughing at myself pretty hard right now. I lurk on your bolgs and love them both. I have used many of your recipes and I made these last night. I could not figure out why mine were white and I just realized that I forgot to add the coco powder. Oops! I also made mine a little to big, they are really crumbly but the overall tast is ok.