Saturday, February 7, 2009

Baileys Fudge Balls


Baileys on the rocks is one of my favorite drinks when I'm not paying, or at my mom's house! My dad gets her a bottle of Baileys every Christmas, and this year the expanded the tradition and got one for me! She got the mint chocoloate kind for me, which is delicious!
Last Valentine's Day I made Baileys Fudge with a ganache, then rolled in cocoa powder, but it didn't set well, so I decided to use my basic fudge recipe and add the Baileys. It's not overpowering, which I think is good, and it adds a great flavor! These would be great for St. Patrick's Day!


Baileys Fudge Balls


3 1/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter
2/3 c. (5 1/3 fl. oz. can) Carnation evaporated milk
14 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 c. Kraft marshmallow crème
¼ c. baileys irish crème
12 oz. milk chocolate chips, melted
12 oz. dark chocolate chips, melted


Combine sugar, butter and milk in heavy 2 1/2 quart saucepan; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly until a thermometer reaches 234 degrees.
Remove from heat; stir in chocolate pieces until melted.
Add marshmallow creme and Baileys; beat until well blended.
Pour into a glass bowl. Cool at room temperature; use a cookie scoop to portion out balls.
Let them harden, then dip into melted chocolate

For the top of these, I drizzled white chocolate dyed green (or you can use candy bark that is predyed at Michaels or a craft store).


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, those look so delicious!!

MyRunningJourney said...

OMG!! There are no words!!

Jennifer said...

What did you use for the minty-looking green drizzles on top? These look fantabulous.

Amanda said...

These look so yummy! I can't wait to try them!