Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Isn't our CFO so cute?? She turned as red as her jacket!

Earlier this week, it was announced that my boss, Shannon, was promoted from Controller to CFO! It is a huge milestone for her career, and a goal she has had for 5 years! My co-workers and I were so proud of her, and so happy that she accomplished it, we threw her a surprise party!
Shannon loves Chocolate Chip cookes, and usually has them for breakfast, so when I said I'd make a cake, I thought a chocolate chip cookie cake would be fitting. I love the cookie bar recipe Trish gave me, and decided that would probably work best. I used a little less baking soda so it would spread a little more, and not rise as much, and it came out perfectly! I baked it in a 14" cake pan lined with parchment, and it was very easy to transfer to my stand.
I iced it with buttercream and used little royal flowers for decorations. Of course, we served sparkling grape juice with it. Have I mentioned I LOVE MY JOB AND COWORKERS?!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 c vegetable oil
1 c light brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cp semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the sugars with the oil.
3. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, mixing well.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients.
5. Stir chocolate chips.
6. Line a 14" cake pan with parchment paper, spray with nonstick spray.
7. Spread the dough into the pan.
8. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes until light golden brown.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I made a cookie cake once but yours looks much cuter than mine. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I usually don't like the look of cookie cakes, but this one is GORGEOUS! I'm starring to use! Thank you!! :)

What's Cookin Chicago said...

How I'd love to work in your office - you're such a generous person to treat your colleagues to your delicious eats!

Colleen said...

Oooh this looks delicious! I need to make one of these soon!