Sunday, June 22, 2008

Grilled Corn with Cilantro Butter


I saw Bobby Flay make corn lollipops on Throwdown a few weeks ago, and JJ's been begging for grilled corn ever since. I looked up his recipe, and found that his butter contained cilantro and chipotles in adobo, so I didn't make exactly his recipe, which can be found here. I also didn't want to cut the corn, so I grilled it whole. At first I wasn't sure about the cilantro butter, but it was great on the corn!

Grilled Corn with Cilantro Butter

4 ears of corn
Salt
Pepper
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. chopped cilantro

Steam the corn for 10 minutes. Remove from steamer, season with salt and pepper. Lay on the grill and turn every 2 minutes until browned on all sides.
While corn steams, put butter in a small microwave safe dish, melt for 15 seconds in the microwave, add cilantro, spread on the corn with a pastry brush.


No comments: