Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cranberry Champagne Punch with Raspberry Cubes


One great way to really stretch a buck and serve alcohol at a party is by making punch. I've had so many kinds, but this is by far my favorite. It's so simple, but the cubes really add something nice!


Cranberry Champagne Punch
with Raspberry Cubes

1 can of cranberry juice concentrate from freezer section
1 package frozen raspberries
1 liter of club soda (VERY cold)
1 2 liter of ginger ale (VERY cold)
2 bottles of cheap champagne (i'm taking the $5/bottle stuff) (VERY cold)

Make ice cubes at least 8 hours in advance.
Add juice concentrate to a small pitcher, add 1 can of water.
Drop raspberries into ice cube tray. Pour juice over top. Freeze.
When ready to serve - Add club soda, ginger ale, and champagne to a punch bowl.
Drop in ice cubs (I made 5 trays and added them a bit at a time thru the night)

7 comments:

Joey said...

I can't wait to try this... my husband is graduating w/ his Masters this weekend... I think it will be the perfect occasion to try it! :)

EJacks said...

This sounds so good! I love the idea with the ice cubes. I may make it for our NYE party.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmm - what a great festive punch and the raspberry cubes is a great idea!

Jodi said...

This sounds so refreshing. I like your peppermint cream puff recipe too!

Kira said...

This looks great! I love serving alcohol in a surprising way.

gaga said...

Oooh, that does sound like a yummy punch. I love the ice cube trick, it a functional garnish!

Leslie Craven said...

looks great ~~ i am going to make for NYE.