Friday, July 18, 2008

Arugula, Goat Cheese, Walnut and Pear Salad


I found so many wonderful hearty stew like dishes for my French cooking, but not enough light ones until I decided to just put a few popular food items together into a salad and make up my own French food. I read that Arugula, Goat Cheese (or Chevre), Pear, and Walnuts are all often used, so I decided to make a salad with it.
The goat cheese I had on hand was Cinnamon and Cranberry, originally for my Crepes, but I forgot about it! I figured to match it with pears would highlight the sweetness, and and arugula to balance out the spice. This salad was delicious and very simple.


Arugula, Goat Cheese, Pear and Walnut Salad


4 c. organic baby arugula
1 pear, diced
2 oz. cinnamon cranberry goat cheese, crumbled
1/4 c. walnuts
1/4 c. dressing of choice, or just a splash of champagne vinegar and EVOO


Arrange salad and enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of the spicy argula, the sweet pear and the tangy goat cheese. Looks like a PERFECT salad!!

That Girl said...

Where can I find cinnamon cranberry goat cheese? I NEED it.

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

be still, my heart.