Saturday, January 17, 2009

Imoyo Eba


As I was looking through my African cookbook, I found a chicken dish called Chicken Imoyo, and it said to serve it with Imoyo Eba. I flipped to see what Imoyo eba was, and was happy to find it was a dish made with grits. We don't have grits often, but I had some in the pantry, so I decided that Chicken Imoyo with Imoyo Eba would be perfect representation of the West African countries this week!

Imoyo Eba

2 ¼ c. broth
¼ c. plus 2 tbsp. tomato paste
1 ½ c. grits
2 tbsp. butter


1. Mix broth and tomato paste in a heavy saucepan. Heat until just beginning to boil.
2. Sprinkle grits over broth, stirring vigorously until absorbed. Cook over medium for 10 minutes, or until siff. Add ½ extra c. of water if necessary.
3. Remove from heat, add butter and mix well, use wet hands to mold into a smooth, rounded shape.

No comments: