Tuesday, April 8, 2008

TWD #7


This week's TWD recipe was a choice between an Orange Tart, and a Lemon Tart. Since I knew I'd be bringing it to work, I took a vote, and Orange was chosen (though I was really hoping for lemon!) This recipe was good, but it tasted a bit buttery to me (which isn't shocking because it contained 2 3/4 sticks of butter!) The process seems to be long, but it only took me maybe 30 minutes, not so bad.
I did things a little different from Dorie, I made my tart shell, then my filling, and instead of putting the filling in the fridge and then the next day filling the crust, I just poured it right in to set. I took the leftover filling and put it in the fridge, then I put it in a piping bag the next day, and piped little borders. I also used orange segments to garnish. The crust was delicious!
Overall, I enjoyed this, but I did think it was a bit buttery in texture.

Usually, I get TWD recipes typed up and mailed to me, haven't gotten one yet, so if I don't I'll type it up tonight!

30 comments:

LyB said...

Great idea piping the little borders, so cute!

CRS said...

I love what you did with it!

Marie Rayner said...

Your tart looks lovely. It turned out perfect! I love the piping! I had a few problems with mine, but I think I sorted it as best I could! It was very tasty regardless!!

Anonymous said...

O hmy gosh, this is sooooooo delicious looking!

Ashlee said...

any other TWD girls not get the email, or did i just delete it? thanks :)

Mary Ann said...

looks great! It was good even if it had more butter than you should ever consume in one sitting!

Zakia / Avenue Z Desserts said...

your tart looks great!

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

The whipped cream looks lovely on your lemon tart!

Heather B said...

Looks great! I made the lemon so I'll have to try the orange now, you made it look so tasty.

Mary said...

looks so yummy! i emailed the recipe to the head gals, but I guess it didn't get sent out....if anyone knows how I can send it out- leave me a note on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I love how you decorated the tart!

Andrea said...

Love the border...looks great!

Annemarie said...

Good idea! It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Nice piping! I bet your co-workers pigged out.

Mari said...

What a lovely tart, the piping and orange segments really make it look professional!

Anonymous said...

This looks so pretty! I found it to be a bit buttery too, but still delicious!

Anonymous said...

I made the lemon tart, and I thought it was a bit too buttery, until I let it sit for a while, and then the flavors melded. I LOVE your decorations!

Amy said...

Your tart looks delicious! Mine didn't set up as well as yours did. And, I love the idea of piping a border with the leftovers!

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous garnish!

Amy W said...

I agree on the buttery flavor, I could have used less as well.

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderfully yummy!

amanda. said...

I love how you decorated it! I'm going to have to try the orange one day.

Tammy said...

I was horrified by the amount of butter as well, but I think the lemon ended up cutting through the butter a bit - you need to try the lemon as well!

Piggy said...

hey, that's a pretty tart, great job!

Anonymous said...

The piping is stunning!
What a lovely tart!

Dolores said...

Beautiful piped border. And I love that your office got to vote for their preferred sweet treat this week.

Sweet and Savory Eats said...

Guess you'll have to try the recipe again with lemon this time. Great job.

Natalie said...

Lovely piping!

Gretchen Noelle said...

Looks like a great tart! Hope everyone enjoyed it at work!

Jaime said...

i love the piping! so cute! my cream was too thick to do that - it's so interesting to see how the recipe yielded so many different textures.