Sunday, April 27, 2008

Southern Style Dessert!

Every time I go to JJ's house, there's banana pudding in the fridge. I've never made it before, but thought it sounded good for dessert when his parents came. I searched on food network for recipes, and found Paula Deen's. It sounded good, but very high in sugar/calories. I did like how she used chessman cookies though, they made it a bit more elegant looking. I decided to just go with it and make mine up. Here's what I came up with, like a lasagna, not necessarily traditional.


Banana Pudding

1 box sugar free vanilla pudding
3 cups skim milk
4 bananas, sliced
1 box chessman cookies
1 cup fat free cool whip

Prepare the pudding, fold in the whipped cream.
Lay 6 cookies in the bottom of a baking dish. Add 1/2 the pudding mixture, then half the bananas.
Lay another 6 cookies on, then top with the bananas and the remaining pudding.
Top with 6 more cookies.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I tried banana pudding once at a friends house and really liked it..THEN I looked up the recipe online. GAG!! I like yours A LOT more. I'm going to have to try it...maybe tonight!