Monday, April 14, 2008

It's Tax Day!!!



I could not be happier that tomorrow is the tax deadline. I am an accountant, and it has been crazy at work! For the first time in my life, I worked a 65 hour week... so I'm ready to celebrate! Our office has a wine and cheese party every year at lunchtime on April 15, so I thought I'd make a fun cake. There was nothing I could think to make because really, accountants are boring! This was the only thing I could come up with - an adding machine.
I had planned to work on this over the weekend, but I had to work, so it was a last minute thing. I didn't have the ingredients I needed to make fondant, so I covered the cake in just buttercream, and made the keys out of fondant. The tape is made out of gumpaste, and the screen is a chocolate bar. I filled it with chocolate mousse, and iced it in almond buttercream. The cake is a chocolate cake, the recipe is found here. I made a 1/4 sheet cake, cut it in half, and stacked it. I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the inside if I remember to bring my camera to work! I used this recipe for Kristine's wedding cake, it's a delicious recipe!

5 comments:

Elly said...

This is so cute! Congrats on the end of tax season ;)

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! Looks great!

Anonymous said...

SO flipping cute!!! It turned out really well! YAAAAAAAAAY for tax day!! (well...tomorrow, really).

Tricia said...

Ash! It looks terrific and sounds absolutely delicious!! Why can't you live closer?? Hmm???

~Amber~ said...

Oh my goodness, how cute is that!!