Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mustard Brown Sugar Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts


Mustard is probably my favorite condiment, so when I got the latest Foodbuzz Tastemaker's package containing Emeril's Horseradish Mustard, I was so excited! I thought of a few things that I could use it on, and Brussels Sprouts came to mind because of their mustardy flavor. I thought adding potatoes would be great as I've seen mustard roasted potatoes as well. I didn't want the vinegar and horseradish to take over, so I added a bit of brown sugar to balance the flavor and help caramelize the vegetables. I love the way these came out, though I wish it had gotten a bit more brown and caramelized.


Mustard Brown Sugar Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts

1 lb. new potatoes, quartered
1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 yellow onion
1/4 c. Emeril's Horseradish Mustard
1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Grease a baking sheet with EVOO.
Mince onion, add to a bowl with the mustard and brown sugar, whisk to combine.
Add the potatoes and Brussels Sprouts, toss.
Pour evenly on the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 30 minutes, toss and roast for another 15-20, until potatoes are tender and vegetables have browned.

Thanks, Foodbuzz and Emeril, this mustard is great!

2 comments:

amanda said...

Yum! I've been trying to come up with a fun way to use the Emeril mustard and this sounds fabulous!

Creative Classroom Core said...

Gotta love Emeril!