Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kicked Up Summer Vegetables



The last Foodbuzz Tastemaker's package I recieved contained 4 Emeril's brand products. As you may remember, I used the Horseradish mustard a few days ago. For dinner tonight, I made Chili Macaroni and Cheese, and thought some sauteed vegetables would pair well. I thought that rather than raid my spice cabinet, I'd try out the Original Essence! Emeril has written on the package that it's a great basic seasoning for meats and vegetables.
It doesn't say exactly what the spice blend is (obviously) but it had some of the Tex-Mex notes I was looking for to pair with the mac and cheese. This spice blend was great, complex but it didn't overshadow the vegetables.


Kicked Up Summer Vegetables

1 tbsp. EVOO
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 small zucchini, sliced
2 small summer squash, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 tbsp. Original Essence
Sour cream and cilantro, for garnish

Heat a skillet over medium heat, add EVOO, vegetables and essence. Toss well, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with sour cream and cilantro.


Again, Thanks Emeril!

No comments: