Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lobster Lemon Sugar Cookie Place Cards



For Popie's 80th Birthday, we had a seafood themed party. He was a shellfish business owner in NYC, so when my mom asked me to do place cards, I knew they had to be place cookies. We found an adorable lobster cookie cutter at Sur La Table, so I made my Famous Sugar Cookies like always, but flavored them with more lemon zest and extract to match the seafood theme. I used royal icing so they would travel well, and silver drages as the eyes. Thanks to Dan and JJ for modeling them :)


My Famous Sugar Cookies!

1 1/2 cups butter1
1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. pure lemon extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 tbsp. lemon zest
5 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
Powdered sugar, for rolling


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cream butter and sugars in a mixer for 5 minutes.
Add in eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly.
Add in lemon, almond, and lemon zest.
Sift in flour, baking powder, and salt a little at a time.
Do not over mix, this process should take about one minute.
Chill dough for up to a week in the fridge, or roll out and cut right away.

3 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

What an adorable idea! Great job and I'm loving the party theme!

That Girl said...

Themes are the best when they're carried through so well!

Anonymous said...

Is that a cookie for ME?? You shouldn't have!!! ;)

p.s. TOO CUTE.