Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Blueberry Scones


Yes, another Blueberry recipe! I still have about 5 pounds to go... so look for a few more!
I love scones, I wish they weren't so fattening! I googled and found this recipe from Martha Stewart. I don't think I've ever used one of her recipes before, so this was a first.
I have to say, not very impressed! I think my blueberries are a bit tart, but these scones weren't sweet at all! Now I know, I am used to Starbucks scones and they tend to be sweeter than most, but only having 3 tbsp. of sugar in the whole recipe just wasn't enough. I did use organic raw sugar, but it shouldn't really matter what kind of sugar is used.
I think next time I'll look for another recipe with just a bit more sweetness!
Blueberry Scones by Martha Stewart

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Sorry to hear that the scones didn't quite turn out to your liking. My experience with the scone recipes I've tried before (Cooking Light, Martha Stewart, Ina Garten, and King Arthur) is that most are on the neutral side as far as sweetness, more like a biscuit. However, if I do remember right Ina's are among the sweetest. I do like the recipe for chocolate scones from Martha's baking handbook though, they are among my favorite.

gina said...

That's too bad that they didn't turn out the way you wanted, I hate when that happens with a recipe! Traditionaly, scones aren't that sweet, as they are served with some sort of jam. Maybe you could make a bluberry jam to go with them? That would be a great way to use up all those blueberries!

Anonymous said...

You MUST make these:

http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/07/blueberry-crumb-bars/