Thursday, July 10, 2008

Norwegian Onion and Jarlsberg Pie

For dinner tonight, I knew I wanted to make a salad with Liv's blueberry dressing, but I had to fine something to go with it. I decided on this Norwegian Pie because it was nice and light, like the salad. I changed it up from the recipe a bit by using Phyllo instead of puff pastry to save some calories. When I make phyllo layers, I use nonstick cooking spray and light butter between every 3 layers rather than each layer. I also used light Jarlsberg instead of regular.


Onion and Jarlsberg Pie

3 onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
4 sprigs of thyme
Salt and Pepper
1 c. shredded Jarlsberg lite
1 phyllo pie shell

In a large nonstick skillet, cook onions over medium with 1 tbsp EVOO. Drop in bay, thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring occastionally for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place half of onions on the shell, top with half of the cheese, repeat.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: