Sunday, August 1, 2010

Symon Sundays: Zucchini Fritters with Feta and Dill

This week's Symon Sunday's recipe was chosen by Natashya of Living in the Kitchen with Puppies. The fritters were outstanding, full of flavor! I had these at Lolita last May, and still think about them sometimes! Thanks to Natashya for the perfect summery selection.

The fritters are meant to be fried, but I elected to make them pancake style on a griddle. Though they're in the appetizer section, I decided to construct them into a meal. I had the last of my soyrizo from Trader Joe's in the freezer, and decided to include that in the meal. I also have had many green tomatoes in my garden this year that end up being eaten by the caterpillars before they ever have a chance to ripen. And of course, my summer love, fresh, sweet corn paired with red peppers for an easy relish.
In the end, I came up with a layered stack of miscellaneous things that were amazing when married! I don't think this is why Chef Symon had in mind with his fritters, but they make an excellent pancake base for this dish.
My Fritters are the base of this stack! I promise, they're in there...

Natashya's Fritters (visit her blog for the recipe!)




3 comments:

Natalie said...

ooh I just made zucchini pancakes last week for the first time and loved them...ate the whole batch ha. Yours look great!!

NKP said...

Beautiful! I am loving every one of his dishes. Thanks for the round-up!

Joanne said...

I love how we all did something a little different with the fritters! Your idea of mixing them with chorizo and sauce sounds delicious.