Thursday, November 12, 2009

Holiday Menu: Thanksgiving Desserts

I've decided to start posting some of my upcoming holiday menus to help others get ideas and plan some of their parties and holiday events.

For Thanksgiving, my mom put me in charge of desserts again this year. We are having 21 people (I think) at the dinner, so I've decided to go with 6 desserts so there's a nice variety and some leftovers for everyone to enjoy.

Thanksgiving Dessert Buffet Menu

Classic Pumpkin Pie with Gingersnap Crust

Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecake

Apple Pie with Salted Pecan Crumble

Black Bottom Chocolate Pie

Cranberry Chocolate Tart

All American Apple Pie

3 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm jealous that you get to make enough desserts at Thanksgiving to include that amazing cheesecake! With less than 10 people, we can't stray too far from the classics. Not that I don't create plenty of opportunities to make bourbon pumpkin cheesecake!

Joanne said...

Ooooh thanks for this! I am in charge of one dessert this year as well as a few sides and I'm trying to decide what to make. That bourbon cheesecake might just be it!

Sneaker Teacher said...

I just made your monster cookies and they are awesome! I remembered that you had posted some great cookie recipes so I went back and searched in your cookie category. I am living in Germany now so baking ingredients are different, but they came out great! I only actually baked 6 because I made them huge, but I gave my friends the extra dough to take home and freeze (I don't have a freezer here!).

Thanks for the yummy snack!
If you are interested to see some of the differences in ingredients, I posted about it here:
http://sneakerteacher.blogspot.com/2009/11/adventures-in-baking.html

I gave you a shout out in the post too!

-Katie